Breastfeeding pillow

I imagine that if you have gigantic breasts that sag down to your lap, then your baby can comfortably recline on your lap while s/he breastfeeds. But if you’re less endowed (like I am), I imagine it might get tiresome to hold your baby all the way up to your very high up breasts. I’ve browsed the net to try and find the cushioniest and most comfortable looking pillow and have decided that I want this specially mom-designed breastfeeding pillow. It straps around so you don’t need to worry about holding it and holding the baby and it comes in cute designs and patterns. Maybe it’s a little dorky to strap yourself into something, but who’s looking? Mind your own business.

7 thoughts on “Breastfeeding pillow

• November 16, 2008 at 10:45 pm

I always loved my boppy- worked well from the newborn days until 17 months. I do have said gigantic breasts, but I think it works well for everyone. The one you picked looks good too!

PS: yay, another fun blog to read!

• November 21, 2008 at 7:00 am

I have the Boppy also, and I absolutely love it! Not only is it great support for nursing, so you don’t have to strain your arms, but it’s great to lay the baby on. They also love sitting up in it b/c it gives great support. It’s cheaper than what you’re looking at and will give you the support you’re looking for.
    -OC

• November 30, 2008 at 11:28 am

actually… I bought the karitay one already. using it as a body pillow for now, but even more so, as a computer rest so I don’t leave the computer on my belly (didn’t seem like a good idea).

• June 23, 2010 at 10:57 pm

i felt that the Karitay one didn't hold its form well. I used the Boppy for a couple of weeks but also found it to be a pain because of the constant adjusting. My best friend loves the My Breast Friend nursing pillow, which is just like the one in this post.

• June 23, 2010 at 10:57 pm

• June 24, 2010 at 6:07 am

funny — my best friend also swears by her My Breast Friend…next kid. i still blame my lack of nursing abilities partly on my lack of good pillow.