Tough Titties

Sorry for the long delay in writing, but I was busy having my baby. Her name is Hila Zehava is she is one week old and perfect. For more about life with Hila, check out my other blog.

But for now, back to business. Now that I am a mother, and not just a prospective mother, I think I can use the word “need” rather than simply “want.” And here is what I need: Tough Titties Nipple Rub. Waking up in the middle of the night, dealing with a crying baby, feeling a bit incompetent…none of these things compare to the pain and burn that I’ve got in my nipples. One visit to the lactation consultant is clearly not enough — Hila’s got a will to suck just the way she wants to…

I’ve been using plain old lanolin, but this one is way cuter. So this is the first time that I’m actually going to make a request — if anyone comes to Israel in the next few months, will you please get me some of this? Thanks, my nipples will be grateful.

P.S. Remember that when ordering from Chulamama you can get a 10% discount by entering the coupon code “babythingsiwant”.

9 thoughts on “Tough Titties

• February 3, 2009 at 4:26 pm

what you need is jack newman cream. do you have a local pharmacy with an english speaking pharmacist? if not I can get it here in rbs. the stuff is beyond amazing it will heal anything in just a few hours no matter how badly cut up or infected your nipples may get. also, just rubbing expressed milk on your nipples and letting it air dry will help. seriously, walk around like a tribal woman and make sure she has a good latch. Oh and huge mazel tov btw!

• February 3, 2009 at 5:06 pm

Jack Newman…it sounds too good to be true. Will definitely check it out. If I can’t find it here I’ll let you know. Thanks!

• February 3, 2009 at 9:08 pm

yeah, Bethami was going to lend me hers, but I think they weirded me out a bit and I wasn’t so desperate. Bethami, did u take them back with you? I want them now.

• February 4, 2009 at 5:00 am

so that’s why you look like that! LOL 🙂 sarah, i’ll have to look i think i might have left them with you but don’t really remember. if not, we’ll bring them with us next week when we visit.

• February 4, 2009 at 7:18 am

dude mazal tov! good birth story, every mom needs a good birth story:) the nipple thing kills, for my first i used silicon nipples which you can get at shilav, they really helped, you can’t use them forever but they just let you heal and then move on. it’ll pass though, takes a few weeks but then it won’t hurt at all, you won’t need cream. feel good! enjoy her!

• February 9, 2009 at 7:09 pm

How funny! When I bought mine at Shilav, the woman asked me if I would like them gift wrapped. Can you imagine giving that as a gift?! It would pair well with a nice bottle of wine and a hemorrhoid tush donut.

• July 12, 2009 at 8:37 pm

I have read amazing things about Silverettes, breast shells made of pure silver, but can't find anyone that will ship them outside of the UK…